Drill Operator - Bluff Coal Project
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Our operations span across Australia and South America.
We strive to be the best by investing in our people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding our clients' needs. Our commitment to ensuring we deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centres on performance and values its people is second to none.
About the role:
As the mining operator, MACA Mining will provide mining services to Carabella Resources at the new Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometres east of Blackwater.
We have opportunities available for experienced Drill Operators to join our team. Reporting to the Production Supervisor/OCE, you will be responsible for: -
- Executing blast hole drilling activities in accordance with the blast design;
- Working with a large diameter rotatory blast hole drill to achieve drilling targets and budget pen rates;
- Ensuring drill pressures are set to minimise consumable usage and ware;
- Assisting with the maintenance of plant and equipment;
- Completing pre-starts, drill logs and time sheets accurately;
- Submitting required documentation correctly and in a timely manner;
- Performing alternate duties on the mine site as directed by the Supervisor.
About the lifestyle:
- An attractive 7/7 roster;
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week;
- Drive in/ Drive out shift change bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
- Proven experience in a similar blast drilling role within an open cut mining environment;
- HR Class Drivers Licence and Dangerous Goods Licence;
- Cert III or Cert IV in Drilling Operations (RIIBHD301D);
- Current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Coal Induction;
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
Working for us:
- We put our People First, creating a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- We strive to continuously Exceed Expectations of our employees, our clients and our investors.
- We recognise the importance of encouraging and rewarding Continuous Improvement.
- We show leadership and take responsibility for our Community.
- We provide a supportive environment where people are encouraged to develop further and advance their career.
- We recognise and reward our people for outstanding work.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we recognise that we are strengthened by a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
To be successfully considered for this role, please complete all pre-screening questions and attach the requested documents to your application.
MACA reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible. This role is being sourced directly by MACA. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
Please send your employment query and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.