MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing. Our operations span across Australia and South America.
Our hands-on approach is what makes us different to other contractors in the industry. We strive to be the best by investing in our people, understanding our clients' needs and a relentless focus on continuous improvement.
To enable our business to grow we require Shotfirers to join our team based on a project on the Pilbara for our Mining division.
Our team of some 1300 live and breathe our "CAN DO" promise to ensure we deliver first class solutions to our clients, whilst providing an engaging, safe and team-based culture for our people.
What's in it for you at MACA?
- MACA is a business who cares about its people.
- Join a Can Do company where teamwork and continuous improvement are valued.
- We invest in our people to be leaders. We give our people opportunities and support to reach their full potential.
- We give our people opportunities and support to stretch themselves and advance their career.
- Join a company who does the right thing by the community. Community is one of our Core Values and engaging our team to be involved is central to our success.
- We value loyalty and are loyal to our people.
- An opportunity to make a real difference and make a positive impact on our success.
- Be recognised and rewarded for outstanding work.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Assembling, positioning and detonating explosives to break or dislodge rock and soil in a safe and efficient manner
- Accurately manage daily magazine stock movements, stock takes, rotation and inspections.
- Liaise with MMU operators for daily loading requirements.
- Compliance with statutory requirements around the storage, handling and transportation of explosives.
- Security management of loading shots, explosive transportation and the magazine compound.
- Marking up drill patterns as per engineering design and checking to ensure the drill and blast areas are adequately delineated in line with safety requirements MACA SOP and legislation.
- Priming loading of bulk explosives and stemming of blast holes; then tying in the shot accurately as per approved client tie in design all safely using correct manual handling techniques and in a timely manner
- Ensure blast clearances and siren runs are carried out in a safe an effective manner prior to each shot in accordance with site safety procedures
- Check for misfires and clean up as directed by the Supervisor
- Attend and actively contribute to all pre-start meetings, Safety Toolbox meetings, listen and follow directions given by the Supervisor.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- 3+ years' experience in an open pit environment.
- HR Drivers Licence.
- Valid Shotfirers Ticket.
- Ability to follow work instructions.
- Ability to assess tasks and carry out work in a safe controlled manner.
- Willingness to learn new skills and assist other areas when required.
- High attention to detail.
- Commitment to safety in the workplace.
If you have the above skills, drive, energy and a "Can Do" attitude please apply now.
Please ensure that your application includes a brief cover letter with your resume.
Please note that due to large volumes of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send your employment query and resume to email@example.com.