Trainer Assessor - Bluff Coal Project
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Our operations span across Australia and South America.
We strive to be the best by investing in our people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding our clients' needs. Our commitment to ensuring we deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centres on performance and values its people is second to none.
About the role:
As the mining operator, MACA Mining will provide mining services to Carabella Resources at the exciting new Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometres east of Blackwater.
An opportunity has become available for a highly effective Trainer Assessor to join our team. Reporting to the Production Superintendent, you will be responsible for delivering all training and assessment requirements for all site personnel and signing off competencies in all relevant job functions. You will: -
- Train and assess all equipment operators, maintenance, trades and other personnel and contractors across all departments on site, permitting all personnel to reach competency levels within a mining production environment;
- Provide ongoing training to site personnel, continuously reviewing competency levels and operating skills;
- Conduct inductions and familiarisations within the client’s business operations;
- Ensure consistency with training techniques, methods and resources (both theoretical and practical);
- Report activities to the Project Manager/ SSE at the conclusion of each rostered shift;
- Ensure all training documentation is fully completed and applied to the required systems.
About the lifestyle:
- An attractive 8/6 or 5/2,4/3 roster, working day shift only;
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week;
- Drive in/ Drive out bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
- Proven experience in training teams effectively to drive maintenance and production performance outcomes;
- Extensive practical experience in the operation of Liebherr, Hitachi, Caterpillar & Komatsu heavy mobile mining equipment including excavators, dozers, graders and electric and mechanical drive trucks in an open cut mining environment;
- Proven ability to build solid working relationships with key stakeholders and interact with people at all levels;
- Effective communication skills and a practical, versatile approach to training;
- TAE40116 Cert IV Training and Assessment;
- S123 and G2 competencies;
- Current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Coal Induction;
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
Working for us:
- We put our People First, creating a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- We strive to continuously Exceed Expectations of our employees, our clients and our investors.
- We recognise the importance of encouraging and rewarding Continuous Improvement.
- We show leadership and take responsibility for our Community.
- We provide a supportive environment where people are encouraged to develop further and advance their career.
- We recognise and reward our people for outstanding work.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we recognise that we are strengthened by a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
To be successfully considered for this role, please complete all pre-screening questions and attach the requested documents to your application.
MACA reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible. This role is being sourced directly by MACA. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
Please send your employment query and resume to email@example.com.