Vacation Students - Mining Engineering
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing. Our operations span across Australia and South America.
Our hands-on approach is what makes us different to other contractors in the industry. We strive to be the best by investing in our people, understanding our clients' needs and a relentless focus on continuous improvement.
MACA are seeking Mining Engineering students (2nd, 3rd & 4th year) to undertake paid work experience on our WA based Mine sites. This would entail working a 2/1 roster during vacation periods, under the guidance of our Project Managers and Mining Engineers. This will give you real industry knowledge and practical experience to develop you into one of the leaders of tomorrow.
Our team of some 1300 live and breathe our "CAN DO" promise to ensure we deliver first class solutions to our clients, whilst providing an engaging, safe and team-based culture for our people.
What's in it for you at MACA?
- MACA is a business who cares about its people.
- Join a Can Do company where teamwork and continuous improvement are valued.
- We invest in our people to be leaders. We give our people opportunities and support to reach their full potential.
- We give our people opportunities and support to stretch themselves and advance their career.
- Join a company who does the right thing by the community. Community is one of our Core Values and engaging our team to be involved is central to our success.
- We value loyalty and are loyal to our people.
- An opportunity to make a real difference and make a positive impact on our success.
- Work on a range of exciting and challenging client projects.
- Be recognised and rewarded for outstanding work.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- The ability to adapt to new environments
- A strong work ethic
- Communication skills and ability to absorb information and knowledge
- Strong sense of team work.
- Studying Bachelor of Engineering (Mining)
If you believe you have what it takes and want to work for a company where Can Do is at the forethink of its thinking, please apply now.
Ensure you include a brief cover letter with your resume.
MACA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and Indigenous Australians to apply.
Please note that due to large volumes of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send your employment query and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.