MACA Limited (MACA) is committed to providing a safe workplace for its employees and the environment.
The objectives of this policy are to:
- Take total commitment by leadership along with co-operation from employees in pursuing zero harm
- Identify catastrophic risks and other workplace hazards, whereby an and assessment of risks will establish controls to eliminate or manage risk through reducing to the lowest possible level.
- Promote and encourage a culture where all employees are proactively maintaining a safe and healthy workplace
- Endorse the principles of relevant legislation, standards and best practice that impact on the operation and work environment including duty of care required by employers and employees
- Develop, implement, monitor and review safety and environmental management plans and safe systems of work
- Prevent pollution and seek continual improvement with respect to emission discharges, wastes, energy efficiency, resource consumption and overall environmental footprint
- Identify items or areas of cultural heritage which may be impacted by our work activities, create an awareness of the significance and establish systems to protect and maintain its value.
- Support employees in understanding the principles of this policy.
MACA will achieve the above objectives by developing and implementing management systems and providing resources for managers, supervisors and employees in order to:
- Ensure that safe work practices and initiatives are implemented and actively promoted to all
- Introduce employees to company culture through a comprehensive induction process with ongoing exposure to health, safety and environmental information and knowledge through electronic, written and verbal media
- Implement and continually review work practices and procedures to prevent injury to employees, equipment damage and environmental impacts
- Ensure information and knowledge acquired for internal and external sources is made freely available and circulated through training, safety noticeboards, intranet, safety representatives, committees and meetings
- Effectively investigate all incidents to fully understand the root causes to prevent reoccurrence of events and implement preventative actions
- Conduct regular inspections, audits and review, then promptly follow up with compliance actions
- Establish measurable objectives and targets to promote a positive safety and culture
- Continue to review and improve the Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
Board of Directors