Blast Crew - Bluff Coal Project
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Our operations span across Australia and South America.
We strive to be the best by investing in our people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding our clients' needs. Our commitment to ensuring we deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centres on performance and values its people is second to none.As the mining operator, MACA Mining will provide mining services to Carabella Resources at the new Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometres east of Blackwater.
We have opportunities available for experienced Blast Crew / Support Shotfirers to join our team. Reporting to the Production Supervisor / OCE, you will be responsible for: -
- On blast bench activities as directed by the shotfirer or nominated person;
- Performing blast guard duties prior to blasting activity to ensure the safety of all personnel;
- Assisting Supervisors to ensure drill and blast crews are fully utilised at all times;
- Checking drilling activities to ensure drilling depths are correct and reporting any issues;
- Handling storing and transporting explosives and accessories in accordance with regulations and safety standards;
- Performing alternate duties on the mine site as directed by the Supervisor.
About the lifestyle:
- An attractive 7/7 roster, working day shift only;
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week;
- Drive in/ Drive out shift change bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
- Proven experience in a similar role within an open cut mining environment;
- HR Class Drivers Licence and Dangerous Goods Licence;
- Current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Coal Induction;
- Queensland SSAN (Security Sensitive Ammonium Nitrate);
- Current QLD Shotfirer’s Licence; or
- RIIBLA201D – Support Shotfiring Operations; and
- RIIBLA205D – Store, Handle and Transport Explosives;
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
Working for us:
- We put our People First, creating a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- We strive to continuously Exceed Expectations of our employees, our clients and our investors.
- We recognise the importance of encouraging and rewarding Continuous Improvement.
- We show leadership and take responsibility for our Community.
- We provide a supportive environment where people are encouraged to develop further and advance their career.
- We recognise and reward our people for outstanding work.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we recognise that we are strengthened by a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
To be successfully considered for this role, please complete all pre-screening questions and attach the requested documents to your application.
MACA reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible. This role is being sourced directly by MACA. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
Please send your employment query and resume to email@example.com.