Boilermaker - Bluff Coal Project
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Our operations span across Australia and South America.
We strive to be the best by investing in our people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding our clients' needs. Our commitment to ensuring we deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centres on performance and values its people is second to none.
About the role:
As the mining operator, MACA Mining will provide mining services to Carabella Resources at the new Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometres east of Blackwater.
We have opportunities available for experienced Boilermakers to join our team. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for: -
- Carrying out scheduled repairs of plant and equipment;
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment, determining when and what kind of maintenance is required;
- Prioritising and completing unplanned maintenance tasks that require services as required;
- Preparing, welding, installing, modifying and/or removing steel components as per applicable drawings, codes and other requirements;
- Reading and interpreting detailed drawings;
- Ensuring equipment and tools are well maintained; and
- Ensuring apprentices have opportunities for on the job learning and training.
About the lifestyle:
- An attractive 7/7 roster, rotating day and night shift;
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week;
- Drive in/ Drive out shift change bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
- Extensive experience in a similar role within a mining environment;
- Forklift Licence, EWP and Working at Heights tickets;
- Trade qualifications in Boilermaking/ Welding;
- Current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Coal Induction;
- An ability to read fabrication drawings;
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
Working for us:
- We put our People First, creating a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- We strive to continuously Exceed Expectations of our employees, our clients and our investors.
- We recognise the importance of encouraging and rewarding Continuous Improvement.
- We show leadership and take responsibility for our Community.
- We provide a supportive environment where people are encouraged to develop further and advance their career.
- We recognise and reward our people for outstanding work.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we recognise that we are strengthened by a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
To be successfully considered for this role, please complete all pre-screening questions and attach the requested documents to your application.
MACA reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible. This role is being sourced directly by MACA. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
Please send your employment query and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.