Heavy Duty Diesel Fitters - Bluff Coal Project
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Our operations span across Australia and South America.
We strive to be the best by investing in our people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding our clients' needs. Our commitment to ensuring we deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centres on performance and values its people is second to none.
About the role:
As the mining operator, MACA Mining will provide mining services to Carabella Resources at the new Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometres east of Blackwater.
We have opportunities available for experienced Heavy-Duty Diesel Fitters to join our team. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for: -
- Completing scheduled repairs and maintenance to equipment in accordance with servicing and maintenance documentation;
- Diagnosing, problem solving, fault finding and attending to breakdowns in the workshop or in-field in a timely manner;
- Undertaking component change outs on all Liebherr, Komatsu, Hitachi and Caterpillar equipment;
- Working in collaboration with the OEM to deliver high quality solutions and results;
- Completing all maintenance records and documentation and recording the movement of spare parts;
- Prioritising tasks to ensure deadlines are met and desired outcomes are achieved;
- Performing other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
About the lifestyle:
- An attractive 7/7 roster, day and night shift rotation;
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week;
- Drive in/ Drive out shift change bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
- Proven experience in a similar diesel fitting role within an open cut mining environment;
- Experience in general maintenance, breakdowns, component change outs and servicing on Caterpillar, Hitachi and Komatsu equipment;
- Forklift Licence, EWP and Working at Heights tickets;
- Trade qualifications in Heavy Diesel Fitting or equivalent;
- RIISAM301D, AURLTB002, AURKTB002 and AURHTB005 competencies;
- Current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Coal Induction;
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
Working for us:
- We put our People First, creating a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- We strive to continuously Exceed Expectations of our employees, our clients and our investors.
- We recognise the importance of encouraging and rewarding Continuous Improvement.
- We show leadership and take responsibility for our Community.
- We provide a supportive environment where people are encouraged to develop further and advance their career.
- We recognise and reward our people for outstanding work.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we recognise that we are strengthened by a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
To be successfully considered for this role, please complete all pre-screening questions and attach the requested documents to your application.
MACA reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible. This role is being sourced directly by MACA. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
Please send your employment query and resume to email@example.com.