Maintenance Superintendent - Bluff Coal Project
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Our operations span across Australia and South America.
We strive to be the best by investing in our people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding our clients' needs. Our commitment to ensuring we deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centres on performance and values its people is second to none.
About the role:
As the mining operator, MACA Mining will provide mining services to Carabella Resources at the new Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometres east of Blackwater.
An opportunity has become available for a highly effective Maintenance Superintendent to join our leadership team. Reporting to the Project Manager/SSE, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of Supervisors to effectively execute planned and corrective maintenance work in the field and the workshop on time and on budget. This role will see you fostering a continuous improvement culture by identifying improvement initiatives to increase equipment availability and performance. You will: -
- Develop, implement and monitor maintenance plans to ensure optimal safety performance and productivity, maximising contract profitability and sustainability;
- Leading team engagement and collaboration sessions to ensure the integration of ideas and activities can be optimised to drive sustainable value add to the organisation and operations;
- Support day to day maintenance activities, providing direction to maintenance crews and Supervisors, ensuring effective shift handovers, prestart and toolbox meetings;
- Communicate schedules to ensure equipment is maintained safely and in accordance with MACA policies and procedures;
- Identify areas for improvement, assess training requirements and provide coaching and development opportunities for staff;
- Lead and/or participate in incident investigations using ICAM methodology;
- Participate in reviews of overall performance of fleets and recommend major maintenance, upgrades or change outs.
About the lifestyle:
- An attractive 8/6 roster;
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week;
- Drive in/ Drive out bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
- Proven experience in leading teams effectively to drive maintenance performance outcomes;
- Extensive leadership experience in a similar maintenance management role within an open cut mining environment;
- Proven ability to build solid working relationships with key stakeholders and interact with people at all levels;
- Effective communication skills and a practical approach to problem solving;
- Tertiary qualifications in Heavy Diesel Fitting and a solid working knowledge of Liebherr, Caterpillar, Hitachi and Komatsu equipment;
- S123, G2 and RIISAM301D, AURLTB002, AURKTB002 and AURHTB005 competencies;
- Current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Coal Induction;
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
Working for us:
- We put our People First, creating a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- We strive to continuously Exceed Expectations of our employees, our clients and our investors.
- We recognise the importance of encouraging and rewarding Continuous Improvement.
- We show leadership and take responsibility for our Community.
- We provide a supportive environment where people are encouraged to develop further and advance their career.
- We recognise and reward our people for outstanding work.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we recognise that we are strengthened by a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
To be successfully considered for this role, please complete all pre-screening questions and attach the requested documents to your application.
MACA reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible. This role is being sourced directly by MACA. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
Please send your employment query and resume to email@example.com.