Production Superintendent - Bluff Coal Project
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Our operations span across Australia and South America.
We strive to be the best by investing in our people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding our clients' needs. Our commitment to ensuring we deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centres on performance and values its people is second to none.
About the role:
As the mining operator, MACA Mining will provide mining services to Carabella Resources at the new Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometres east of Blackwater.
An opportunity has become available for a highly effective Mining Production Superintendent to join our leadership team. Reporting to the Project Manager/SSE, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of Supervisors/OCEs to effectively execute the mine plan, achieving safe and optimal outcomes on time and on budget. This role will see you fostering a continuous improvement culture by identifying improvement initiatives to optimise equipment performance. Your strong desire to work with your team to ensure they are delivering their best will see you well placed for success. You will: -
- Coordinate and maximise the effectiveness of personnel, equipment and resources to execute the mining production plan to achieve daily production targets and KPI’s and reduce downtime;
- Carry out statutory inspections relating to compliance & procedures, and you will be actively involved in field leadership activities;
- Lead team engagement and collaboration sessions to ensure the integration of ideas and activities can be optimised to drive sustainable value add to the organisation and operations;
- Support day to day activities, providing direction to production crews and Supervisors/OCEs, ensuring effective shift handovers, prestart and toolbox meetings;
- In conjunction with the Supervisors, plan and execute crew change overs to ensure that the alternating Production crews have the correct knowledge of possible incidents, safety and training issues or requirements and general site events and conditions, including changes to the mine plan that have happened while the crew have been on RnR;
- Identify areas for improvement, assess training requirements and provide coaching and development opportunities for staff;
- Lead and/or participate in incident investigations using ICAM methodology.
About the lifestyle:
- An attractive 8/6 roster;
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week;
- Drive in/ Drive out bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
- Proven experience as a Production Superintendent, leading and mentoring teams effectively to drive production performance outcomes;
- Extensive experience in a mining production management role within an open cut coal mining environment;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are a must, allowing you to build relationships across the team and departments;
- A solid background in the operation of heavy mobile mining equipment (including Liebherr, Hitachi, Komatsu, Caterpillar);
- Working knowledge of the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act 1999 and Coal Mining Safety & Health Regulation 2017;
- Extensive knowledge of the QLD Explosives Act 1999 and the QLD Explosives Regulation 2017;
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or equivalent and a current Queensland Open Cut Examiner certificate desirable;
- S123 and G2 competencies, a current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Coal Induction;
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
Working for us:
- We put our People First, creating a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- We strive to continuously Exceed Expectations of our employees, our clients and our investors.
- We recognise the importance of encouraging and rewarding Continuous Improvement.
- We show leadership and take responsibility for our Community.
- We provide a supportive environment where people are encouraged to develop further and advance their career.
- We recognise and reward our people for outstanding work.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we recognise that we are strengthened by a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
To be successfully considered for this role, please complete all pre-screening questions and attach the requested documents to your application.
MACA reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible. This role is being sourced directly by MACA. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
Please send your employment query and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.