Senior Mining Engineer - Bluff Coal Project
MACA is a publicly listed, integrated contracting services group specialising in mining, civil construction, infrastructure and mineral processing equipment. Our operations span across Australia and South America.
We strive to be the best by investing in our people, signifying a relentless focus on continuous improvement and understanding our clients' needs.
Our commitment to ensuring we deliver first class solutions whilst providing a safe, team-orientated culture that centres on performance and values its people is second to none.
About the role:
As the mining operator, MACA Mining will provide mining services to Carabella Resources at the new Bluff Coal project, located near the town of Bluff and approximately 20 kilometres east of Blackwater.
An opportunity has become available for an exceptional Senior Mining Engineer to join our leadership team. Reporting to the Project Manager/ SSE, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring the site engineering team as well as implementing and achieving the short to medium term Production Plan by coordinating the scheduling functions (including load & haul, drilling & blasting) to enable the coal mine to achieve monthly and annual production targets. You will: -
- Develop, gain endorsement and implement short term, medium term and life of mine plan schedules & associated management plans;
- Provide timely and accurate drill and blast plans, and weekly and monthly production plans and schedules;
- Track compliance to weekly and monthly plans and communicate results to the leadership team and key stakeholders;
- Provide on-the-job engineering support and technical advice toMine and Production Operation teams to ensure strong alignment between planning and execution;
- Ensure mine designs are delivered to meet operational requirements and controlled through effective change management;
- Coordinate the mine planning, drill and blast and development activities to ensure tonnage and grade targets are achieved safely, efficiently and to specification;
- Develop and implement operational improvements into the planning process to assist mine operations to maximise production efficiency and control costs;
- Work proactively and flexibly with other leaders to identify any potential cost savings and optimise the Technical Services team’s output to meet operational requirements.
About the lifestyle:
- An attractive 8/6 roster;
- Camp accommodation or the option of an Accommodation/ LAFHA allowance of $220 per week;
- Drive in/ Drive out bus shuttle service from Rockhampton and Emerald.
- Extensive Mine Engineering experienceacross Drill & Blast and Truck & Shovel in an open cut coal mining environment;
- Surface drill and blast, mine design, planning and scheduling experience;
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering;
- Advanced working knowledge of 3D mine design and scheduling software;
- Knowledge of Spry Mine Scheduling software desirable;
- Working knowledge of the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act 1999 and Coal Mining Safety & Health Regulation 2017;
- S123 and G2 competencies, a current Queensland Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Coal Induction;
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering safety in the workplace.
Working for us:
- We put our People First, creating a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- We strive to continuously Exceed Expectations of our employees, our clients and our investors.
- We recognise the importance of encouraging and rewarding Continuous Improvement.
- We show leadership and take responsibility for our Community.
- We provide a supportive environment where people are encouraged to develop further and advance their career.
- We recognise and reward our people for outstanding work.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we recognise that we are strengthened by a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
To be successfully considered for this role, please complete all pre-screening questions and attach the requested documents to your application.
MACA reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible. This role is being sourced directly by MACA. We respectfully request no agency approaches.
Please send your employment query and resume to email@example.com.