MACA was awarded the Manuwarra Red Dog Highway project contract (formerly known as Karratha Tom Price Road).
Scope of works for the included:
- Karratha to Tom Price Road sealing, including Millstream Junction
- Removal of asbestos contamination
- Construction of new and modification of existing culverts and floodways
- Establishment and management of all borrow pits
- Embankment construction
- Construction of ‘F’ Type and table drains
- Full pavement construction and sealing
- Installation of safety barriers
- Line marking signs and guideposts
Upon completion, the highway will provide a safer route for road users, reduce travel times, and improve reliability by reducing road closures during wet weather.